Gakked from anonymous_sibyl
: Name your 15 absolutely favorite couples (het/slash/canon/fanon) and ask people to see what trends they notice about your couples. Try to pick different fandoms.
Now, this list of 15 is incredibly dependent on my mood at the moment and is shaped by certain agendas I might not hold at a different moment (trying not to make the list too obscure, trying to make it obscure enough, etc.) as well as what I happened to think of this morning while brainstorming. A different day would have yielded a different list. It's less a list of my 15 favorite pairings of all time (although certainly at least a couple of pairings on this list would make it onto that one) than it is an intuitively-put-together representative sampling of what right now I feel to be my 'shipping zeitgeist, without trying to too deliberately weight the list to ensure certain results. (I mean, I could come up with 15 'cest pairings I ship, easily. But I didn't. I mean, Cuckoocest
isn't even on this list.) And it's not representative of what I actually read or write, either--note just how much of this list is het rather than femslash.
1. Mal Reynolds/Kaylee Frye, Firefly/Serenity
2. Spike/Drusilla, Buffy/Angel
3. Tess Doerner/Kevin Burkhoff, The 4400
4. Annie James/Hallie Parker, The Parent Trap
5. John Connor/Cameron Philips, The Sarah Connor Chronicles
6. Peter Wiggins/Valentine Wiggin, Ender's Game
7. Cindy Mackenzie/Madison Sinclair, Veronica Mars
8. Kitty Pryde/Emma Frost, Astonishing X-Men
9. Sooraya Qadir/Laura Kinney, New X-Men
10. Joss Whedon/Summer Glau, RPF
11. Lapus Lazuli Long/Lorelei Lee Long, RAH's World-as-Myth
12. Kara Zor-El/Barbara Gordon, DC Comics
13. Kitty Pryde/Peter Parker, Ultimate X-Men
14. John Connor/Savannah Weaver, The Sarah Connor Chronicles
15. Seven of Nine/the EMH, Star Trek: Voyager
So, what trends do you notice about my couples?